Stress can be anything that poses a threat or a challenge to our well being. We generally tend to use the word “stress” when things seem to become too much for us and we start wondering whether or not can we cope with the situation. At this point, stress buster can help you to relax. Stress buster can be any product, practice, system, etc that is designed to alleviate stress and can be of great help during the times when you are at a lot of stress.
Following is the recipe for the stress buster smoothie which will not only be great in taste but will also help you to release the stress and make you calm and composed.
• Blueberries – 150 grams
• Small Banana – 1
• Low fat natural yogurt – 200 ml
• Ground Flaxseed – 1 tablespoon
• A pinch of cinnamon
• Ice to blend
Use a high speed blender and whiz all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy and your stress buster smoothie is ready to be consumed.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Now, while this stress buster smoothie is very easy to prepare, tastes great as well and certainly helps you to chill, but the ingredients of this recipe provide a lot of health benefits as well.
• Blueberries – Like cranberries, blueberries also contain compounds that prevent bacteria from adhering to bladder walls which eventually are very helpful to treat urinary tract infection. Moreover, blueberries get their blue hue from the anthocyanins. These are known to attack the cancer causing free radicals and can even block the growth of tumor cells. It is also very good for your brain.
• Bananas – Bananas are caloric dense fruit and consuming one banana can make you feel very energetic. It is a very good source of potassium and magnesium which is heart protective, helps in maintaining blood pressure and is good for your bone health as well. Bananas also protect against stomach ulcers as they have an antacid effect.
• Yogurt – Yogurt is an excellent source of protein and is easier to digest than milk. Eight ounces of plain yogurt contains ten to fourteen grams of protein. It can also help to lower the blood cholesterol. It is also a rich source of calcium. Absorption of calcium in the body is increased by the live active cultures in yogurt and that is a reason why yogurt gets more calcium in your body than milk does.
• Flaxseed – They are a rich source of micronutrients, dietary fiber, manganese, Vitamin B1 and the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid which is also known as ALA or omega-3. Flaxseeds can also help lower the risk of cancer, diabetes and heart disease besides being a source of healthy fat, antioxidants and fiber.
• Cinnamon – Cinnamon is very helpful to treat muscle spasms, diarrhea, vomiting, infections, and loss of appetite, common cold and erectile dysfunction. It is also helpful in lowering blood sugar and is capable of fighting against bacterial and fungal infections.
Because of the above mentioned benefits of the ingredients of stress buster smoothie you can have this treat as frequent as you like because you can be certain that every time you consume this stress buster smoothie, you are not only cutting down your stress but you are also getting a lot of health benefit out of it.