Ever thought about the things that you can make using blender other than smoothies and juices? When the weather is a bit cold outside, you don’t always enjoy juices and smoothies. A cup of soup can warm you up. Use the fresh ingredients and the recipes mentioned below are designed in a way to keep your soup healthy and tasty. Take a glance and enjoy your soup:
1. Squash soup
This soup contains ample of potassium, vitamins A and C, antioxidants, some good bacteria and folic acid. It is easy to make and is also easy on your digestive system.
1. Vegetable stock – 500 ml
2. Cubes of squash – 750gm
3. Red chopped onions – 2
4. Garlic cloves (halved) – 2
5. Live yogurt – 60 ml
6. Ground nutmeg – ¼ teaspoon
7. Water – 500 ml
1. Mix stock and water into a heavy based pan and boil them. Then add onions, squash and garlic and again boil the mixture. Now reduce the heat and cook it for about 15 minutes until the squash is smooth.
2. Now reserve the liquid by draining the vegetables using colander. Puree the mixture of squash until smooth using hand blender.
3. Now put the squash puree in the same pan and stir in the reserved liquid to reach the preferred consistency.
4. Sprinkle some nutmeg and cracked black pepper to taste. Serve the soup in two bowls and pour some live yogurt in swirl pattern. Enjoy your soup.
2. Carrot Orange and Ginger Soup
Get ready to enjoy creamy, refreshing and light carrot soup with some hint of ginger and citrus.
1. Raw carrots – 1 ½ lbs
2. Vegetable stock – 3 cups
3. Filtered water – 3 cups
4. Whole orange – 1 or 1 cup
5. chopped sweet onion – ½ cup
6. Chopped stalk celery – 1
7. Chopped cloves of garlic – 2
8. Dates – 3-4
9. Fresh ginger root – 1 ½ inch
10. Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
11. Orange zest – 1 tablespoon
12. Sea sat – 1 teaspoon
13. Cashew cheese to garnish
1. Toss coconut oil, garlic, onions, celery and sea salt in a wide pan and put the pan to medium heat to soften the ingredients. Cook them for about 5 – 8 minutes.
2. Now add chopped carrots and cook them for 10 minutes while allowing the vegetables to caramelize.
3. Then add filtered water and vegetable stock into the pan. Keep cooking until the carrots are fork tender. This may take 15 minutes.
4. Now pour the hot liquid, with due care, with vegetables in a high speed blender. You can also use emersion blender for this purpose. Add the remaining ingredients too and blend them until smooth.
5. Now at this point add ginger and orange and again blend them until smooth. At this point you can also adjust the liquid of your soup. For thinner soup, you can add more water or just let it be.
6. You can reheat it on the stove or put it in your fridge for leftovers. Garnish with your favourite stuff or cashew cheese.
Note: For lower sugar – Don’t add dates
3. Kale and white bean soup
This nutrient – rich soup is based on the Portuguese caldo verde or green soup.
1. Dried white kidney beans – 1 cup
2. Chopped onions – 2
3. Peeled garlic cloved – 6
4. Chopped watercress – 1 bunch
5. Chopped fresh parsley – 1 cup
6. Shredded kale – 6 cups
7. Salt – 1 ½ teaspoon or to taste
8. Pepper – ½ teaspoon
9. Extra virgin oil – 1 tablespoon
1. Soak your beans in 4 cups of cold water overnight and drain. Put beans, onions and garlic in 8 cups of water in a pan and boil them. Reduce the heat to simmer to get the tender beans. This may take 1 hour.
2. Remove 1 cup of the beans with the help of slotted spoon, set aside. Now add watercress and parsley to pot and heat it on simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Puree the soup until smooth using blender or emersion blender. Add enough water to prepare 7 cups. Now get back to pan and add kale, reserved beans, salt and pepper. Bring the solution to boil. Now reduce the heat and cover your pan to get greens tender for about 40 minutes.
4. Serve the soup in bowls and drizzle with olive oil.